Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Passion.

John the Baptist "was a radical and unafraid to let anyone know it."

"John needed passion to fulfill his God-given calling."

"Every pioneer needs passion.  Pioneers cannot be satisfied with mere maintenance, for they have nothing yet to maintain.  They create from nothing.  ...their passion attracts other pioneers."

"[John] felt consumed with his mission."  
Like Jeremiah: "Then I said, 'I will not make mention of Him, nor speak anymore in His name.'  But His word was in my heart like a burning fire shut up in my bones; I was weary of holding it back, and I could not." (Jer. 20:9)
"Like a magnet, [John] repelled some and attracted others."

"He possessed a strong sense of justice.  This hunger for justice drove him.  He wouldn't sit still until he saw results."

"He felt dissatisfied with anything but action.  John was a doer.  He didn't want people to merely talk..."

"Associate with people of passion.  Hot coals stay hot when they remain in the fire."



No comments:

Post a Comment