Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Ecclesiastes 1:16-18
I communed with my heart, saying, “Look, I have attained greatness, and have gained more wisdom than all who were before me in Jerusalem. My heart understood great wisdom and knowledge. And I set my heart to know wisdom and knowledge. And I set my heart to know wisdom and to know madness and folly. I perceived that this also is grasping for the wind.For in much wisdom is much grief,And he who increases knowledge increases sorrow.” (Emphasis mine.)

It's true: Ignorance is bliss.

But, we must not be willfully ignorant!  Yet, it can not be healthy or good to be so obsessed with knowledge that we overwhelm ourselves with worry.  That's me: unbalanced and worrisome and anxious to know and do and make things right.  There is a place for this, but we must “seek first His kingdom and His righteousness and everything else will be added to us.”


First things first.

No comments:

Post a Comment