Friday, March 20, 2015

One spark causes a firestorm.

Darling Michelle Smith, daughter to my CWA Area Director predecessor, Ruth Smith, wanted to write a little thing about me for The Desert Review online news.

Since I have been so committed to this fight for life and against the baby-killing Planned Parenthood scheduled to open in El Centro, CA, I have become a regular to the Imperial Valley.  The opportunity to work with Concerned Women for America has raised the volume of my personal voice on this issue.  I am very thankful that God chooses to send me.  It is not a place of comfort or familiarity to me, but I prefer to be obedient to Him who redeemed and saved me than comfortable in my own skin.

This article, "Making An Impact One Life At A Time", blessed me so much and I hope it will encourage you.  So many don't love what I do, so it's nice when someone does and goes out of their way to make mention of it.  I don't deserve this.  I am, in fact, selfish and a failure in so many ways.  But, I do love Jesus and try to do my best...much of the time.  ;)

I've been reading (ever-so-slowly) the amazingly brave and good William Bradford's Of Plymouth Plantation.

Read this yesterday:
Thus out of small beginnings greater things have been produced by His hand that made all things of nothing, and gives being to all things that are; and, as one small candle may light a thousand, so the light here kindled hath shown unto many, yea in some sort to our whole nation; let the glorious name of Jehovah have all the praise.

Shine.  Kindle your flame.  Light another.  Be brave!  You can make a difference!



No comments:

Post a Comment