Thursday, November 18, 2010

3 John 4


"To measure the man, 
measure his heart." 
~Malcolm Forbes 


"I think there is one higher office than president 
and I would call that patriot."
~Gary Hart


"Jesus was in my dream and He said, 
'Obey your mom and dad.'"
~Silas Peterson
(Easter 2010)


"I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in the truth." 
~3 John 4

We peeked in on the boys last night before we went to bed and this is what we found.  As a home schooling mom who is desperately trying to raise two boys in the training and admonition of the Lord and as true foundational American patriot heroes, you can imagine my delight in finding my little guy in such a dreamy state.

We spent a lot of time in the car yesterday.  Brandon had brought a ruler so we discussed measurement comparisons, vocabulary, and measured water bottles or whatever was within reach.  We also spent a lot of time discussing the character qualities listed in 2 Peter 1:2-11.  To hear these young ones engage in conversation about deep spiritual matters blows my mind and blesses me beyond expression.

I love being a mom.  I love educating my own children.  I love "whispering into their hearts and minds the secrets of the kingdom of God." (Sally Clarkson)

No comments:

Post a Comment