Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Sound bites from the Mom Heart Conference

Marian, Robin, Melanie, Nikki, Kay, Sally, baby Russell, Kori, Barbara, Anne



(All quotes are by Sally Clarkson, unless otherwise noted.)

We have to be willing to build our portion of the wall.  Roll up your sleeves.  Get dirty.  Don't be lazy.  Work.  (inspired by Angela Perritt. www.GoodMorningGirls.org)


To our children, we must say,
"God wants you to be a Daniel in Babylon."


"God used 12 uneducated men to turn the world upside-down."
He can certainly use me and my family too!


"I always felt like I was too much for everyone.  Too loud, too passionate..."
I feel like this every day of my life.  And for some, I am too much; but I will not apologize for who I am (even though sometimes I want to).
It is HE who created me.  
It is HE who knows all my days.  
It is HE who searches the attitudes and intents of my heart.  
It is HE who I must please.  
"For am I know seeking the approval of man, or of God?  Or am I trying to please man?  If I were still trying to please man, I would not be a servant of Christ." ~Galatians 1:10 
"You can not live by faith and by the fear of men."  "There is great freedom in being yourself."
"The fear of man brings a snare." ~Pr. 29:25  



"Curriculum doesn't create genius or excellence."

"We are called to prepare warriors for what is ahead."

"Motherhood isn't a choice or a philosophy; it's a calling."


Adversarial vs Advocate Parenting
Adversarial:  How many ways can I correct you?
Advocate:  How many ways can I inspire you?


"Train your children not to know things about God, but to know God." ~Nathan Clarkson


"Chase God!" ~Nathan Clarkson

Prayer is "a wonderful power placed by Almighty God in the hands of His saints...to achieve unusual results." (E.M. Bounds)


Keep praying and don't stop.
Have shameless audacity!
~Deb Weakly



Something so cool that Deb Weakly shared was the idea and act of praying for your heritage.  I loved that!  For my grandchildren, great grandchildren and the descendants to come...should the Lord tarry.  That I will leave a godly heritage.  What more could a momma want?!
"A legacy doesn't happen unless you plan it and do it."


"Life is a balance between reality and ideals."


"Just because you're busy doesn't mean you're being productive."




And my favorite quote of the weekend: 
"For Kori, everyday is the fourth of July." 
~Anne Collins (my friend. teehee.)





What was a big overall theme for me personally this weekend?
LEGALISM.
How good intentions can easily become things of bondage and cause division.


"Don't shoot at people; love them." (Yeah, so I may be a little convicted by this one.)


I worry that with my passion for righteousness in this nation, I might make it too much about morality and behavior and not the heart of the American people.  I worry that I might be more passionate about doing and less about praying.  I worry that I might be too rigid and not gracious.  I worry that if I am relaxed in one area, then I'll relax in all...when there are real things that need to be fought for.   I worry that I will blur the lines between the important and that which is not.  I worry that I will be unloving and will want to be unloving because I want more for things to be right (how desperately I want this!)...when all that really matters is love.  And then I will not please God in all my efforts, when the driving force behind my efforts is to please God.  I worry that I will exit the will of the God whom I adore because my passions outweigh my love.

I don't want to be so confident in my calling that I become snobbish in it.  I think it's good to be courageous in home schooling, faith, and patriotism.  But it is not good to be prideful and exclusive in it.  I don't want to marginalize those who don't understand; I want to be able to gently and effectively teach them in spirit, love, and truth.


"Law is about fitting in the box, pleasing people, performing."  Who am I going to please?  Who am I trying to impress?  God, check me every moment of every day that my driving force is your Holy Spirit and not my will.  God, don't accomplish my will.  Thy will be done, Lord Jesus...on earth as it is in heaven!!  I want to please and impress YOU only!


No comments:

Post a Comment