Monday, February 6, 2012

an unscripted life

Recently I found myself saying in front of a large crowd of people that I'm the type of girl who lives life unscripted.  Of course, those words were, in reality, unscripted and unplanned.  Now, I'm not really an advocate of just saying any random thing in front of large crowds of people (that's been known to get a person or two in trouble), but there it was leaving my mouth and it stuck with me the rest of the day.


Live outside the box.  Think outside the box.  Educate outside the box.  Play outside the box.


Unscripted.
Not by the world's expectations, political correctness, or even etiquette-obedience.
But by God's script.
A melodrama unfolding scene by scene.  God as the Narrator.

What is our default?  We have all been brainwashed, indoctrinated in a variety of ways.  I hate this.  And I'm trying to cure myself of it by facing head-on every mindless default response I have to a variety of issues.  Why do I have a particular perspective of certain things?  Oftentimes, it is because someone told me to think that way.  I don't want to be told what to think.  I want GOD to tell me the truth and to judge everything against His Holy and Perfect Word.  I want my opinions to be the result of the Holy Spirit's resonance in my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment