Monday, April 9, 2012

Hallelujah...more of You and less of me

dancing "Hallelujah" by Kelley Mooney for our Easter service at church.



Many have complimented me for the dance, for my passion for this country, etc.  And as uncomfortable as I am in those moments, I am also honored by the kind words.  I do seem to be a mover and shaker (I can't help it, I'm wired this way), though I know not all think it's wonderful.  But even amidst the praise, I can't take any credit.  It is my "reasonable service."  My duty.  My gift, wholly possible by God alone.  He could easily have given another the gift.  I am such a failure in grace, love, being a wife...  I'm self-righteous, holier-than-thou, and a jerk.  I'm sarcastic, ugly, and rude.  I am ever these things.  Yet God allows me to be influential and a whole-body worshipper of Him.  

How is that?  

He is mercy.  
He is grace.  
He makes the broken whole.  
He uses the foolish things to confound the wise.  

Who am I?  
A fool for Jesus and a fool for the blessed freedom poured out on this country.  

He makes the ugly beautiful.  Use this fool, Jesus.  And don't ever allow me to think anything good is my doing.  To You alone is all glory and honor and praise. For every good and perfect gift is from above, from the generous Father of lights.  Every good thing can only come from one source:  a good God.  The only true and living God.

1 comment:

  1. Amen, Kori! (from a fellow self-righteous jerk.) :)

    That was a beautiful dance. Christ is risen! Hallelujah, indeed.

    ReplyDelete