Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Corrie knew what was right


...One day a Jewish woman brought
her baby, small and weak.
The baby cried. The frightened mother
found it hard to speak.

So when a minister arrived
to get his watch repaired,
it seemed to Corrie he was sent
in answer to her prayers.

His house was more secluded;
they'd be seer there with him.
She asked if he would take
the baby and the mother in.

"No, no!" he said instinctively.
His fear showed in his eyes.
"That Jewish baby could cost all
of us our very lives."

Although he was a Christian man
and knew the Jews' grim plight,
some Christians were too scared to do
what Corrie knew was right.



I hope this Kori will always do what she knows is right...
...no matter what.

When I was first saved, my precious mentor, Renee Carson, told me that I ought to make Corrie Ten Boom my namesake.  I wish I could make it so.  But she is so much more than me.
How I admire her courage in the midst of fear.

Having read and studied so much recently about World War II, and the rise of the Nazi party and Hitler in Germany; I see many similarities around me here in the U.S.: intense regulations; an aggressive attempt to strip people of their right to worship, speak, and be self-sufficient; losing our freedoms in exchange for the government's "protection"; and the list goes on.

I don't want to be fearful, nor do I want to be naive of what really could be coming.

I hope that if things get ugly around here, I will always do what I know is right.  I pray for this end.

I want to be brave.
I want to be righteous.
I want to be a world-changer.
I want to set an example for my children.
I want freedom for us forever.
I want God's kingdom to come here on earth as it is in heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment