Tuesday, May 22, 2012

loss of man's favor = REJOICING!

"...And Jacob saw that Laban did not regard him with favor as he had before...
The Lord said...I will be with you. (ESV)
...I see your father's countenance that it is not favorable toward me as it was before; but the God of my father has been with me. (NKJV)..."
~Genesis 31:1-7
Loss of favor with men does not mean loss of favor with God.  

Hallelujah for that!

"Blessed are you when they revile and persecute you and say all kinds of evil against you falsely for My sake." ~Matthew 5:11 
I know I'm being particular,
but I sorta hope my "leap for joy" looks like this one.
"Blessed are you when men hate you, and when they exclude you, and revile you, and cast our your name as evil, for the Son of Man's sake.  Rejoice in that day and leap for joy!  For indeed your reward is great in heaven, For in like manner their fathers did to the prophets." ~Luke 6:22-23
(For a gal who loves people, and loves people to love her; this is a really potent and necessary truth.  Help me to rejoice in these seasons, Lord!)

No comments:

Post a Comment