Monday, July 16, 2012

less of me


Circumstances of life sure have a way of blindsiding you sometimes. And yet we know that God uses everything in a life to grow us so long as we respond appropriately.

I wonder sometimes how many weird, unpredictable, outrageous things can come into a life? How many times have I said: “Really?! Who does this happen to?!” The answer is me and others who don't want a plain old apathetic, complacent existence. And it's ok.  I want radical. I want turn-the-world-upside-down-and-shake-it-up. I want to come to the kingdom for such a time as this. And I know that if I truly want to live for Him, then crazy stuff will flow my way.

Rejection happens.
Bad-decisions-turned-redemption-stories happen.
Miracles happen.
Love stories happen.
Crazy relatives happen.
Success happens.
Marginalization happens.
Slander happens.

How will I respond?
MORE of You, Jesus, and less, less, less of me.


No comments:

Post a Comment