Friday, January 11, 2013

Psalm 30, the Kori version

My Beth Moore Bible study encouraged me to take Psalm 30 and express my own version of it.  Here goes:

Psalm 30

I will exalt You, Lord,
because You have radically rescued me
and have not allowed
abortion to ruin me forever.
Lord my God, I cried to You for help,
and You heard me, and loved much.
Lord, You brought me so far;
You spared me from
my own hell, sorrow, and numb existence.
Sing to the Lord, you His faithful ones, 
and praise His holy name.
For His disappointment lasts only a moment,
but His favor, a lifetime.
Weeping may spend the night, 
but there is joy in the morning.
When I was secure, I said,
"I don't need anyone.
I'm strong in my own will.
I won't fall."
Lord, when You showed Your favor,
You made me overwhelmingly relieved
and unexplainably at peace;
when You were displeased with me
I was terrified.
Lord, I called to You;
I sought favor from my Lord;
"What gain is there in my brokenness
and mindless existence?
Lord, listen and be gracious to me;
Lord, be my helper."
You turned my grief, guilt, and shame
 into dancing, hope, and revelation.
You removed my sin and unquenchable sadness
and clothed me with
peace, truth, healing
so that I can sing to You and not be silent.
Lord my God, I will praise You forever.

(italics mine)



No comments:

Post a Comment