Monday, February 8, 2016

Step-by-step, You lead me.

"A wise and wonderful Director will be with us to give us step-by-step instructions.  If we will listen, He will guide.  If we will follow, He will lead.  The result - a life well lived and a journey well taken." ~Priscilla Shirer 

This family has been on the edge of embarking on a new path, the full details yet unknown.  It is exciting and scary, heartbreaking and thrilling.

From our last instructed step.


I am asked so often what the big picture of our plans looks like.  I really don't know.  There is some fear in not knowing, but God is clearly asking us to just do the next thing.  And we are so glad to know what the next thing is.  I hope we will take great pleasure in the moment and not concern ourselves with the guessing game of what may or may not come.

"If our guide [in Israel] had looked us in the eyes on day one, given us a map with the major places circled, a rundown of each location's significance, and then sent us on our way, it would have been a catastrophe. It would have been far too much for us to absorb and would have resulted in confusion yielding a horrible tour.  Our amazing trip came as a direct result of following him from one destination to the next, leaning in and listening to each explanation, and engaging in his wisdom step-by-step.  This is what a good guide looks like."
~P. Shirer, Jonah: Navigating A Life Interrupted


The Holy Spirit is a good guide.


O God, You are my God,
And I will ever praise You.
I will seek You in the morning
And learn to walk in Your ways.
And step by step You lead me
And I will follow You all of my days.



No comments:

Post a Comment