Sunday, May 30, 2010

the election dilemma


Should you vote your conscience for truth and character and for your own convictions, or just vote against the opposing candidate that seems most likely to threaten everything you believe in?


The run for California governor is so important.  Unfortunately, both prominent Republican candidates are not as conservative as we would hope.  


http://larrynaritelli.vpweb.com/
Here is the site I came across about Lawrence Naritelli.  He clearly stands for everything I believe in.  This is a very difficult decision and I totally understand the position to vote for the lesser of two evils so that Jerry Brown does not win ultimately.  I just wish we would genuinely vote our conscience and for issues, character, and integrity.  I really feel like there is no time like the present to start changing the tide back to our Founders.  Poizner is only prominent because he is well-funded.  But the tea parties, the people, want someone who stands for them, genuinely.  Ugh.  I, too, wonder if I should vote my conscience or vote against someone who will destroy us.  It's a terrible dilemma.  What would God have us to do?

my thoughts: if we continue voting for the lesser of two evils, then nothing will ever change. But if we join together and eventually vote for character, then there is hope.

It sucks that the front-running political candidates are typically well-funded, but have zero integrity. When there are those out there who are genuine public servants and ooze character and righteousness, but not well-funded and not seriously considered.
Our Founders must be rolling over in their graves.



Bottom line...we shouldn't care about politics; we should care about righteousness. (I believe the Lord gave me this insight today from www.saltandlightcouncil.org.)  Vote your conscience according to the Holy Spirit.  We must do the right thing, not just the "less evil" thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment