Monday, May 3, 2010

Happy 6th Birthday Brandon!

Today is Brandon's sixth birthday.  Jamie asked him if he felt different now that he is six.  He said, "Yes.  I feel a little stronger.  But my pants still fit me."  He fully expected that he would have outgrown all his clothes over night.  But, he did announce that his pants were a little tighter.  I let out the draw string a bit to take care of that.
Our attempt at a humble birthday party at KQ Ranch in Julian on Saturday was so cold and windy that we took out the pinata, had cake, and presents in light speed and then packed up and headed home.  B was fully content and didn't seem to be bothered in the least that his party was cut short.
He has spent his day today making all sorts of crafts.  Jamie took him off-roading and taught him to shoot his (Jamie's) new bb gun.  What more could a boy want?

I just made cupcakes to take to the t-ball field tonight.  And, in the process, superglued my left index finger to the bottom of the mixing bowl.  "How does this happen?", one might ask.  Well, Jamie glued together a little wooden glider for Si and he kept coming into the kitchen asking me if it was ready yet.  Well, I must have had some glue from the glider on my finger and then picked up the mixing bowl and went back to work filling cupcake papers.  When I was done, I was stuck.  I rinsed the bowl out (finger attached) and then took it to the bathroom, a q-tip and some nail polish remover did the trick.  Fun times!
B has a runny nose and sore throat today (as do I).  He and I had big plans to hike up to the cross after his t-ball game this evening but we may have to put it off for when he is feeling a little better.
Happy Birthday, sweet Brandon.  You are so special to us and so many others.

No comments:

Post a Comment