Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Kindle.


Caught this in Springs in the Valleys today and it is the prayer and mission of my heart. 


"Thou thyself art…a light of them which are in darkness."
~Romans 2:19


We are kindled that we might kindle others.  I would like, if I might have my choice, to burn steadily down, with no guttering waste, and as I do so to communicate God's fire to as many unlit candles as possible, and to burn on steadily until the socket comes in view; then to light in the last flicker, twenty, thirty, or a hundred candles at once, so that as one expires they may begin burning and spreading light which shall shine until Jesus comes.


Let me burn out for Thee, dear Lord,
Burn and wear out for Thee;
Don't let me rust, or my life be
A failure, my God, to Thee.
Use me, and all I have, dear Lord,
And get me so close to Thee
That I feel the throb of the great heart of God,
Until I burn out for Thee.
(Bessie F. Thatcher)


~Springs in the Valleys,
Mrs. Charles E. Cowman,
December 18


The words of pilgrim William Bradford, the governor reelected 32 times to the Plymouth Plantation, come to mind:  "Thus out of small beginnings greater things have been produced by His hand that made all things of nothing, and gives being to all things that are; and, as one small candle may light a thousand, so the light here kindles hath shone unto many, yea in some sort to our whole nation; let the glorious name of Jehovah have all the praise."


Yes.
Be this.

No comments:

Post a Comment