Tuesday, May 5, 2009

2008 Chetek or Bust!!

June 28 through July 29, 2008, we ventured off in my little toaster of an xB to Wisconsin.  We planned to camp along the way but I think I can count on one hand the nights we camped...and I am very sure that all but one of those nights it rained on us.
 
  
        
Along the way, we saw the Grand Canyon, Mesa Verde, the Focus on the Family campus, Cave of the Winds, a near-tornado in North Platte, NE, Mt. Rushmore, Yellowstone, dear friends, berry -picked in Oregon, and we also had a quick visit with Granny (Jamie's grandmother in Tahama, CA).
  
  
  

In Chetek, WI, we reunited with family.  The purpose of this trip was to finally put my grandparents to rest.  My Grams grew up on the Lake and she and my Gramps wanted their ashes scattered there.  So, 4 years after my Grams death and 8 years after Gramps, we finally honored thier wishes.  It was a relaxing and wonderful time.

          

No comments:

Post a Comment