Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Happy Birthday, Mom!

Sunday was my mom's birthday.  We invited her over last night for Summer pizza (recipe below), watermelon, heart-shaped German chocolate cake (her favorite), swimming, and star-gazing.  
I was in the middle of something while the cake was baking and ended up over-baking it.  I was so nervous that I had dried it out, so I decided to whip up some chocolate pudding and "inject" it into the cake. Haha!  It totally worked.  And yes, I actually used a very large syringe.
Rose came over to join us and we had a very sweet time in her company.  She is so dear.
The boys and I got in the pool which is a comfortable 87 degrees. Perfect!  And as it got darker, we viewed Venus through the telescope and watched God light up the sky with diamond sparkles.  We found the Big Dipper, the Little Dipper, Casseiopia, and a new star to us, Arcturus.  Jamie focused on dark places in the sky where no stars were visible to the naked eye and a dozen stars would appear in the lens of the telescope.  Amazing!  God is a beautiful Creator and star-breather.  If you ever have the opportunity, you should watch "How Great Is Our God?" by Louie Giglio.  (We have it if you ever want to borrow it.)  The orange moon arose late and brightened the sky so much that we couldn't effectively stargaze any longer.  What a miraculous creation we live in!


Summer Pizza (My beautiful Grandma used to make this and I loved it!)


2 tubes crescent rolls (or a pizza crust)
10-16 oz cream cheese
1/2 cup mayo
seasoning (I uses dill weed, and dried onion)
vegetables (any kind you want, cut into small pieces)
1/2 cup shredded cheese


Lay crescent rolls or pizza crust flat on a cookie sheet (pinch seams together).
Bake as directed on package.  Cool.
Mix together cream cheese, mayo and seasonings.  SPread over cooled crust.
Cover with vegetables & cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment