Friday, March 25, 2011

a liberated woman

“An excellent wife is the crown of her husband, but she who brings him shame is like rottenness in his bones.” (Pr. 12:4)
“It is better to live in a corner of the housetop than in a house shared with a quarrelsome wife.” (Pr. 27:15)
“A continual dripping on a rainy day and a quarrelsome wife are alike.” (Pr. 27:15)
I read the “Men R Fools” chapter of Dr. James Dobson’s Bringing Up Boys recently and was sickened (again) by the influence of the oppressive feminist mindset in our culture.
Age old, centuries old, generations old foundations that have been lost in recent years as a result of the subversive feminist movement which has had the opposite effect it claims to pursue: liberate women.  The only problem is women are “liberated” from being the easiest and most natural thing for them to be, and thus denying women of their very nature.  This isn’t liberation, it is bondage.  Roles are confused and result only in tension and frustration in marriage.  Women do not yield to their husbands and instead struggle for control.  As if women don’t have enough to worry about: the well-being of our uniquely designed bodies, care of our homes, husbands, children, educating our children, outside-the-home pursuits.  A woman’s life is full enough without adding onto it the pressures of decisions and provision that God has ordained our husbands to take on...with our support and wisdom.
My friend recently said, “I want to be led by my man and he to be led by God.”  Peace, contentment, and joy will follow.
I’m a firm believer in “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.”  The far-from-noble feminists of society have relentlessly “fixed” that which was not broken, and now it is a shattered mess of debris unrecognizable for it’s original purpose.
How glad I am, though, to find freedom in being a wife and mom.  I am surrounded by a multitude of other women that understand and embrace their roles, as well.  Each is deeply influential and that influence is far-reaching beyond their imagination.  
To not have to be squeezed into the feminist mold is exhilarating.
“He who finds a wife is a good thing and obtains favor from the Lord.” (Pr. 18:22)
Of course, as I write all of this I am very aware that I am so far from the noble & virtuous woman of Proverbs 31.  My poor husband puts up with a whole lot from me.  I am opinionated, loud, and sassy.  My husband is far more of a blessing to me than I am to him.  “Not that I have already obtained this or am already perfect, but I press on to make it my own, because Christ Jesus has made me His own.” (Php. 3:12)  
“And I am sure of this, the He who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ.” (Php. 1:16)

No comments:

Post a Comment