Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Home schooling coincidences...I love those!

We are spending the week in Las Vegas.  As a homeschooling mom, of course I hunted all over the web for educational opportunities here in such a unique place.  (No, there's no vacation for home schoolers!)  We have narrowed it down to the Hoover Dam, Titanic (an exhibit at the Luxor hotel), and the state of Nevada.

Yesterday morning, we all sat down to breakfast and Jamie read from The Child's Story Bible about the Tower of Babel.   As he read, I was reminded that Jonathan Park has an episode where they discuss the Tower of Babel and the origins of languages.  I transferred the mp3 from my computer to my Blackberry so the boys could listen to it on our way to Death Valley yesterday.  We also spent a big chunk of our morning learning about the Titanic and I have told the boys numerous times that it was the pride of man that preceded the great tragedy that the Titanic's maiden voyage resulted in.   My two little sweeties always respond with "Pride goes before a fall." (Pr. 16:18)

Did you know that the 4th smoke stack on the Titanic is fake?
It was added to improve the appearance of the ship.
Anyway, we listened to Jonathan Park in the car and wouldn't you know that as they discussed the pride of man in the building of the Tower of Babel, they start addressing the pride of men in light of Titanic.  LOL!  God is soooo cool!  I totally had no idea that was in there!

Home schooling is the absolute best.   Seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness and everything else will be added to you! (Mt. 6:33 - click here for my recent post on this subject.)

2 comments:

  1. I totally agree and I love your passion for it - it is contagious! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love what you are learning on your h.s. journey, dear one. i miss you. Love, KellieC

    ReplyDelete