Saturday, June 4, 2011

alliances (continued)

Ok, considering my what-do-I-think-about-alliances-and-helping-countries-in-need question:

After a short discussion on facebook, and a long one with my fantastic hubby (who thankfully thinks way more clearly than I do), I have come to a conclusion on the above mentioned issue.

Regarding the story of the good Samaritan and James 4:17 which states: "He who knows the right thing to do and doesn't do it, to him it is sin."  These verses are in the context of the individual, and not a nation.

We, as a nation, ought to mind our own business and not involve ourselves in foreign alliances or political affairs unless we are directly threatened or attacked.  Save for the nation of Israel and for this reason:
Genesis 12:3  "I will bless those that bless you and him who dishonors you I will curse, and in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed." (re: Abraham)
As a Christian and because of God's faithfulness to His promises, I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that it is absolutely in America's best interest to stand solidly beside Israel.

Charities and individuals should do what they can according to their convictions to help those in need.

We should welcome true refugees (those whose lives are in danger) and offer them sanctuary.  We should also require them (and any immigrant) to jump through the appropriate hoops to gain their American citizenship and prove themselves.  Or help them (refugees) find another ultimate destination in another country.

No comments:

Post a Comment