Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Blah, blah, blah....

Oh, Lord, help me get out of political mode and into fulfilling mom mode.

I was reading Sally's latest blog post today about rest. (Be sure to read the post preceding this one as well.)  How she speaks to my heart!  And helps me keep my attitude in check.

We are camping again this week.  It is beautiful in Julian.  Though, Borrego has been difficult to leave.  The mornings and evenings are still lovely and cool.  I do hope it continues.
My sister and her adorable family will be here on Saturday and we have a fun-filled week ahead of us.  Si's 5th birthday is Sunday and we have an evening of swimming, watermelon, corn-on-the-cob, apple pie, bouncing, and laughter in mind.
Silas is almost 5.  He is reading like you wouldn't believe.  He is funny and fun.  He captivates the attention of all who meet him.  He wears me out.  :)  He is such a dear and knows what the right thing to do is, though has a hard time actually doing it.  His curiosity, enthusiasm,and energy rule and I hope self-control is a character quality he possesses sooner than later.  That being said, he does have victorious moments in this area at times.  And he always tells me about them.  "Mommy, I saw a bowl of jelly beans and I looked around and no one was watching and I took one, but then I remembered that God is watching and it wouldn't make you happy, so I put it back."  That is more self-control than I have at times.  Did anyone see me eat all of those cookies the other day?  And I wish I could control my tongue more often.

James was right when he called the tongue an unruly evil (James 3:5-10).  I am such a picture of this.  My opinion, passion, spunk, and lack of tact at times can certainly get me into trouble.  Please pray for me in this area.  I want to open my mouth with wisdom and have the law of kindness on my tongue (Proverbs 31:26).  Even a passionate opinion can be presented with wisdom and kindness.  Please forgive me for the times I have offended you with my unkind opinions.

I am preparing for an intensive Mom Heart training in Colorado next month.  I am starting to feel like I will be such a disappointment to Sally.  I want to be an inspiration to moms, but feel my focus is so much on our country that I am not sure I can focus on motherhood without dragging politics and history into the mix.  I am not sure this is all bad, but I am also not sure it is what Sally is looking for.  Oh well.  I am what I am.  I do believe the Lord has opened up the opportunity for me to go, so His will be done.  I just hope I am not an annoyance to the other moms there.

No comments:

Post a Comment