Wednesday, May 25, 2011

lazy afternoon

Today is one of those days where I just feel tired and unmotivated.  Maybe it's the heat.  Maybe it's because I stayed up too late last night.  Maybe it's because I just need a lazy day.

After finishing the boys' school work this morning, we headed to the park for a picnic lunch.  The trees were so full and shady and the grass so soft and cool.  I spread out our sunflower quilt and we ate, read, discussed the dozen toy airplanes Brandon brought, the boys played while I read some more and desperately wanted to nap. ;)

We bought a book at the nature center for a little girl's birthday party we are attending on Saturday.  Roxaboxen.  One of my very favorite books to read to the kids because the setting could so easily be Borrego; and it's just a whole lot of fun for the kids to act out the story during play time.  We went over to our friend Angela's store for a little bag of smooth black stones.  Why?  Well, you'll have to read the story to find out!  So we will give this book and the little purse full of stones to a precious little girl this weekend.


We walked to the library where we are now and will soon walk to the post office and then back down the street to our car and go home ...if I don't decide we need some ice cream first. :)

A nice leisurely afternoon.  Aaaaaahhhhh.....

No comments:

Post a Comment