Monday, January 30, 2012

"The eyes of the Lord range throughout the earth
to strengthen those who's hearts
are fully committed to him."
~2 Chronicles 16:9

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You his son, O Belshazzar, have not humbled yourself, though you knew all this."
~Daniel 5:22

What did Belshazzar know?
He knew the mighty works of the Mighty God and yet refused to acknowledge Him and humble himself.
"That very night Belshazzar...was slain." ~Daniel 5:30

So Belshazzar wasn't ignorant of the works of God and because he knew, God held him responsible to do the right thing.  But in Belshazzar's pride, he refused to do it.  And God held him accountable.

When unrighteousness is revealed to us, and we pursue it anyway - justifying our excuses and lusts - we fail to humble ourselves and we become disobedient, rebelliously defying Holy God.

"God resists the proud..."
~1 Peter 5:5

"God can still love us and oppose us..."
~Beth Moore


I choose to not be willfully ignorant.  I choose to seek out the truth so that I wouldn't even unknowingly sin.  I choose to do my very best to not put myself in opposition to God.  I choose to resist Christian mediocrity.

More gleanings from Beth Moore's study on the book of Daniel.

No comments:

Post a Comment