"...slapping a sloppy brush of thanksgiving over everything in my life leaves me deeply thankful for very few things in my life."
"...life-changing gratitude does not fasten to a life unless nailed through with one very specific nail at a time."
~Ann Voskamp, One Thousand Gifts, p. 59
8. Christmas leftovers so abundant I can't get creative enough to use them all up in time.
9. When you unknowingly prep too much food, then an unexpected guest arrives.
10. Early bird shopping in a quiet store.
11. 2-seater shopping carts that allow little boys to hop on and off like stuntmen
13. Congressman Duncan Hunter who accurately represents my family and so many others. How thankful we are to have an ethical man of integrity and righteousness interceding on behalf of the government for us.
14. Lazy New Year's Day mornings watching The Tournament of Roses Parade.
15. Late nights with kindred-spirit friends.
16. Underdog winners. (ok, so he was 8 votes shy of actually winning. Go Santorum!)
18. A little 6-year-old boy voice lofting "Gloria in Excelsis Deo" from the bathroom...10 days after Christmas...immediately followed by pretend-play battle cries.