Friday, March 26, 2010

a letter to Glenn Beck

Glenn Beck has recently unveiled some inspiring artwork with the words, "Faith", Hope," and "Charity."  Below is a letter I doubt he will ever have time to read, but I wrote anyway.  Be encouraged.  God tells us through Scripture that we are to bear these three qualities in the last days which are coming upon us.


(property of Glenn Beck)
____________________
Glenn,



I awoke in the middle of the night the other night and began to ponder our nation, and end times prophecy.  America seems to not be in end times prophecy which means that we, most likely, will not be a prominent player of the stage being set for the return of Christ.  Of course, I believe this moment is soon approaching.  In light of prophecy and the fulfillment of it, I questioned whether or not my energy to the restoration of the USA to its founding principles is futile.  I don't know if that makes any sense.  Anyway, I began a Bible study on what I should be found doing (particularly concerning my country) upon Christ's return.  I am still in the midst of this study, but I found something rather interesting that proved to me that you are right about faith, hope, and charity (love).  Here it is:

1 Thessalonians 5 is well known as being a description of the coming of Jesus Christ or the "rapture" so it is an appropriate place to look to find out what we should be doing during that time.  Look at verse 8...

"But let us who are of the day be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love, and as a helmet the hope of salvation."

You are right.  I follow you pretty avidly and was so encouraged to have your vision confirmed in scripture, in my own personal quiet time with the Lord.  Keep on keeping on!  You are doing a great job!  You are a watchman of Jeremiah 6:17.

Jeremiah 6:13-17 is so where we find ourselves today:  "Because from the least of them even to the greatest of them, everyone is given to covetousness; and from the prophet even to the priest, everyone deals falsely (isn't this so true that the overwhelming majority of our leaders, even 'spiritual', are in it for selfish gain?).   They have also healed the hurt of the people slightly, saying, 'Peace, peace!' when there is no peace (lying to the people that there is no economic crisis; the hc bill is going to be great 'but you just have to pass it first so we can tell you all about it'; global warming).  Were they ashamed they had committed abomination (a homonym I often think is no coincidence. Teehee!)?  No!  they were not at all shamed; nor did they know how to blush (a result of arrogance and pride).  Therefore they shall fall among those who fall;  at the time I punish them, they shall be cast down," says the Lord.  Thus says, the Lord, "Stand in the ways and see, and ask for the old paths (our founding principles), where the good way is, and walk in it; Then you will find rest for your souls.  But they said, 'We will not walk in it.'  Also, I set a watchman over you (thank you, Glenn!!), saying, 'Listen to the sound of the trumpet!' But they said, 'We will not listen.'..." (commentary, obviously, mine.)

God bless you, Glenn, as you seek out the truth and share it with us all.  It will truly free us...even if only in our own hearts.  But, I desire and hope for so much more...the restoration and revival of our beautiful, God-blessed country.  And, yes, I will be raising up Godly and patriotic children so they can have a hope-filled future.

Much love to you and your staff for all you do so tirelessly and for very good cause.  You are deeply loved and appreciated by my family and so many others.

Kori Peterson
Borrego Springs, CA
____________________
On an unrelated note, the boys told me yesterday that they were talking about our presidents and they want to be president.  Thus followed an in-depth conversation about integrity, humility, service, and the importance of knowing our Constitution.  Guess I will be adding that to the curriculum (which I had in mind already). :)

No comments:

Post a Comment