Thursday, October 28, 2010

People pleasing.

"For do I now persuade men, or God?  or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be a servant of Christ." ~Galatians 1:10
Now, you know after I read this yesterday, a whole bunch of people who I was obviously not pleasing made themselves known and I was on the verge of tears all day.  Actually, I was in tears.

Pleasing men.
Ugh.
Yuck.

What an absolute waste of time, energy, and emotion.

Pleasing people comes in more forms than just bowing to their wishes.  It also comes in the embodiment of hurt feelings when someone doesn't approve of you.  I like to be liked.  Yet, everything I stand for is controversial.

Jesus.
Unborn babies.
Absolute truth.
Politics.
True history.
Home schooling.
Scripture.
Biblical motherhood.

So, plainly, I need to get over the dread of people disapproving of me, criticizing me, debating with me, etc.  It's not like more confrontations won't come my way.
"When you make a stand, you become a target." ~Sally Clarkson
But don't back down.  The reason our secular culture is so dominant is because moral, religious people are allowing the opposition to intimidate them into a corner...when morality is actually possessed by the majority.  I've come out of my corner.  It's not easy.  But I'm not going back.  Courage breeds more courage in yourself...and in those watching you.
"Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord.  If they have persecuted Me, they will also persecute you;  if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also." ~John 15:20
I love that this verse ends positively.  While I was ready to burst into tears yesterday (still mindful of this verse), so many of you sent your beautiful and encouraging words my way.  Thank you for that.  Thank God for that.   He is the God who sees.  Even in my own silliness and self-absorption.  He is the great Comforter using the hands, feet, and words of people like you.

Bless your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment