Sunday, October 3, 2010

What a co-winky-dink!

The Mom Heart Intensive I attended in August was absolutely life-changing.  I am pleased to report that I believe the good changes made in my heart that weekend have stuck.  I can be an incredibly critical person, and I have gleaned so much grace-perspective from my time with Sally, her leaders, and the other women that joined me in the fantastically intense time of wisdom and charge.  I do want to walk "worthy of my calling."  And am so glad to be on my way to that end.
I, therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you to walk worthy of the calling with which you were called, with all lowliness and gentleness, with longsuffering, bearing with one another in love, endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. ~Paul, Ephesians 4:1-3
With Sally recently when she spoke for CFS (Christian Family Schools)
clockwise from left: Victoria, Dana, Kay, Lisa, me, Sally
Lisa (my roomie at the CO Intensive) and I saw Sally the other day and were able to spend a few very short minutes with her before she had to catch her flight home.  You should have seen how fast we were talking!  LOL!  Trying to get every thought and word and question in before she had to leave.  We even chased her to the car to exchange final words and thoughts.

As we talked over our frappuccinos (Pumpkin Spice is back at Starbuck's by the way-yum!), I noticed a beautiful silver ring on Sally's hand.  It caught my eye immediately and I was mesmerized my it.  A small heart looking like a mother and child nestling their heads together.  For anyone who knows me VERY well, I have doodled an almost identical pattern since the time of my abortion.  Me and my lost child now in Heaven.  The longer I gazed at her simple, but stunning ring, the more I realized that the similarity must not be a coincidence.  I purposed in my heart and mind that on our way out of Starbuck's I would ask her about the ring.  She was so sweet and mentioned that Cherie, one of the ladies from the Intensive, had sent it to her from Texas.  She went on explaining that it looked like a mother and child and it was a heart, etc.  "Of course!" I thought.  I had drawn it hundreds of times.  Nearly every day, I draw it!  I have a tattoo of it (since 2000), it is embossed on a wall in my home, and I often draw it onto the envelopes of letters I write.  Then she says to me, "It's a James-Avery."  My husband's name is James and my baby's name is Avery.
My Avery design.

There are no coincidences.  God is in everything.  Look for Him today and don't pass by without giving it a second thought.  He may want to surprise you with His love this day in an unexpected way.

3 comments:

  1. I had no idea that was why you were asking Sally about her ring. How phenomenal. If we're watching, God will give us many opportunities to see how much He loves us and how He cares about all the details of our lives. What an awesome story to read on a Sunday morning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a blessing...so glad you guys got to spend a few minutes with Sally. (and I love James Avery). Hope you are doing well. I enjoy keeping up on FB.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so amazing. Thank you for sharing these sweet moments with us. I am so thankful for it. I am going to put that ring on my "wish list"

    ReplyDelete