Josiah rose to power after a line of God-less kings. The people had turned so drastically from the Lord. Josiah had a heart for God so he began to restore the temple. During the restoration, the book of the law of Moses was found and told to Josiah. Josiah was distraught knowing that because of the previous generations' disobedience to and rebellion against God, judgment was coming to the people. But, Josiah didn't act as though all was lost. He was spared the judgment, though the nation would certainly get what they deserved, and he followed hard after the Lord and inspired his people to do the same...even though destruction was coming. (2 Kings 22-23)
We don't know if God will lift His hand and not judge our nation for our blatant immorality and wickedness. My guess is He won't. We will reap what we have sown as a nation. But, should we continue to sin? Should we not try to do what is right? We must do something if, for no other reason, but to please Him and it will be well with us personally and with our families.
"Stand fast in the liberty wherewith Christ has made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage." ~Galatians 5:1
Should we fight to keep the freedom our nation's forefathers have given to us? YES! We should not sit idly by watching the liberal media and progressive (socialist) government leadership strip all that is good from the people.
At the close of the Constitutional Convention, Ben Franklin was asked if we had a monarchy or a republic. His response? "A republic. If you can keep it?"
We CAN keep it but we must try to. If we do nothing, nothing will change. What are YOU doing?
- PRAY! Really, what is more effective than this? "If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land." ~2 Chr. 7:14. Now I am not sure the grand USA is His land but we certainly were striving for that in the beginning. But I do know that I and my family are His people and this is my land, so let's get to work and let God do His work.
- Live a life pleasing to God and morally straight.
- Know what the Constitution says and defend it. Call out those who are sworn to protect it (yes, your politicians) yet go blatantly against it. Don't allow "hate speech" laws to quiet our pastors when the first amendment clearly states "freedom of speech" and "freedom of religion" and, really, is the Bible hate speech? Do you have a copy of the Constitution? You can get one free here.
- Do you have children? Even if you are not a home schooler, you are still responsible for their education. I guarantee you the government-funded school your child is attending is not going to teach your precious little one to think independantly or to question their authority. You'd better do it. We already have a culture and society of brain-washed government-indoctrinated robots, your child should not be one of these. You have to counter it at home. Teach them the truth about our founders. Not the deep lessons (note the sarcasm) that your child's school will teach about Lincoln's log-splitting, George's cherry tree or slavery (even though he set all his slaves free), and Ben Franklin's womanizing. I mean, really, don't you think the founders of the greatest nation on earth were a little more than that? Ronald Reagan said, "All great change in America starts at the dinner table." That is absolutely the truth!
- Go to a Tea Party. Stand against big government. YOU ARE THE GOVERNMENT. "We the people" were the first three words of the Constitution for a reason....and they were written in big letters so even the smallest-minded dictators could understand it. Do you feel like you are in charge of your government? Yeah, neither do I. Do something about it. Tea Party! Pick up the phone and call whoever you have to call and let them know their boss is on the phone and if they don't shape up, they're fired! And mean it. Join me on this.
- Be informed. Concerned Women for America has accurate information about real issues. You can subscribe to updates if you would like as well.
- The liberal media is not telling the truth to the people which ironically is their job. Watch Fox news and get what NBC's Obama-bowers won't tell you. Even if you don't agree with Fox's seemingly conservative perspective, you can't deny the actual video and audio footage they show that no other news station will. Just because you are ignorant of the truth doesn't mean it isn't happening.
- Understand that America is a fantastic country but it is actually possible that we could fail. We are not incapable of falling apart. We have spent ourselves into oblivion, we have been God-deniers for many years, we have lived lavish, pleasure-seeking immoral lives, we have sacrificed more than 50 million lives to the altar of sex and selfishness, and the list goes on. Do you think the blood of all those innocent babies doesn't cry out to God? Do you think He turns His head and ignores it? Just because we do, doesn't mean He will.
Please don't think that because you are only one person, you don 't matter. You are infinitely valuable to your Maker, to those you influence, to me, and to your country. You matter BIG! Do something! Please! If we do nothing, nothing will change. I can't do for you what you should be doing. Join me and double the effect and we will multiply our efforts far beyond. Let's give our children a future. "It is for freedom that Christ made us free." It is a God-given right. Will you let others strip you of what is rightfully yours?
All my love to you. Kori