Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Sometimes It Causes Me To Tremble... Easter & Earthquake

"There was a violent earthquake, for an angel of the Lord came down from Heaven and, 
going to the tomb, rolled back the stone and sat on it." 
~Matthew 28:2

After church, we, mom, Dad, Linda and 2 of their friends (Ruth and Virgil) gathered at our place.  We put together a buffet and were enjoying a relaxing afternoon when, at around 3:30pm, the biggest earthquake I have ever experienced rolled through.  Jamie said, "Don't worry, it'll be over in a minute." But it was lasting much longer than any others and so I shouted that everyone get outside.  It lasted at least a minute and we all ended up in the backyard where the pool was sloshing strongly.  We could still feel the earth rolling below our feet.  It felt like waves and was much quieter than most earthquakes we experience here.  It always amazes me how some quakes roll through like that, some shake, and some feel like a truck running into the house. A few pictures fell over and the precious figurine Erika got me when Brandon was born fell to the floor and broke into pieces.  Funny...the pic of my aunt and uncle's wedding fell over, and I set it back up and then it fell over at each aftershock.  So, I figured it was just a reminder to pray for them.  :)  But everyone was fine, though a bit unnerved and you can imagine what the conversation then centered around.  I have felt numerous aftershocks since.  We had a big 5.1 yesterday morning right after I woke up.  The pots and pans were clanging together.  The original quake ended up being centered near Calexico and measured a 7.2.  That is the same as the Haitian earthquake.  But very little damage.  Thank God.  2 deaths that I have heard of in Calexico.  I don't know the details.  Both nights since, we have had a big enough aftershock to wake me up, but minor in comparison to Sunday afternoon.  
You know there was an earthquake the first Easter (Mt. 28:1-2) so it seems fitting to have one on the last Easter.  LOL!  Yes, I am hoping for the rapture before next Easter.  ;)  Even so, come quickly Lord Jesus!

I have the letters: J-E-S-U-S standing on one of the nooks in the dining room.  They fell backward and have been out-of-sight since the quake.  "He's not here!  He has risen just as He said!  Come see the place where He lay"  ~Mt. 28:6.  Teehee!

Were you there when the stone was rolled away... Sometimes is causes me to tremble. 


dust rising off the mountains near Mexicali during the quake & road damage.
(not sure where I got these, but thought they were fascinating.)

No comments:

Post a Comment