Friday, July 8, 2011

Ignorance is bliss?

I refuse to be willingly ignorant of the truth...even if it's not politically correct.



Just felt like I had to say that, so there it is.  Random, I know.  But there is a method to my madness -
Here, I'll give it a shot...I know I'm being vague, but to protect the offender, I must be.

Some people will ignore the truth about a situation because it is not p.c.; or it's unpleasant; or, for goodness sake, we might offend someone.  Reality is still reality regardless of our perspective of it.

"The message of the cross is foolishness to those that are perishing.  But we preach Christ crucified, a stumbling block to the Jews, and folly to the Gentiles..." ~1 Cor. 1:18, 23
"'The stone the builders rejected has become the chief cornerstone;' ...'a stone of stumbling, a rock of offense.' They stumble because they disobey the Word, as they were destined to do." ~1 Peter 2:7-8

We can deny something until we're blue in the face, but our denial does not mean that the reality doesn't exist.

No comments:

Post a Comment