Monday, July 25, 2011

My north star.

Jesus.
Family.


(Thanks, Sarah and Sally.)

"Martha, Martha, you are anxious and troubled about many things,
but one thing is necessary."
(Luke 10:38-42)

**Sigh**

I am worried and troubled about many things, too.  Will my life always be this way?  As a mommy patriot, I can totally overwhelm myself in politics and worry about what kind of a future my kids will have in this country.  I worry about the evil indoctrination of an upcoming generation (as if we don't already have that...but the propensity for it to get worse...ugh!) and the subsequent flushing of the greatest nation in the modern world.

It starts with just one step and then before I know it I am running, desperately sprinting in a direction away from peace, away from trust.

But one thing is necessary.

I have to stop running.  My chest heaving and out of breath.  Tears of worry pool in my eyes.  But, I love this country.  I love my children.  Stop, Kori.  Settle your breathing.  Settle your fears.  Settle your heart.  Trust in Me.  Find a quiet place and rest.  

So, I stop.  I turn off the clamoring, fearful, worrisome noise.  And I go to that which remains steady, true, unchanging for all eternity past, present, and future: the feet of Jesus.  I listen to His words.  I cling to them.  I plant them in my heart and mind and life.  And I remember, as I have hundreds of times before that He is in control.  Nothing surprises Him.  He isn't fretting over debt ceilings, corrupt education, even the 3000 lives that torn from the wombs of women.  He sees, yes.  He is just, yes.  He is waiting, yes.  Just as I must do.

I am burdened in my heart to be a voice calling out to a people spiraling toward destruction to proclaim truth - in things of the Spirit and all things (history, legislation, science).  I know that people will not like me because of it.  And I know it can't matter.  We must be people who are not men-pleasers, but God-pleasers. (Gal. 1:10)

I wonder:  With the burden placed upon my heart for this nation - will I always be this yo-yo of emotion and passion - sprinting desperately in one direction, being slapped upside the head with reality, and returning to quiet myself at the feet of Jesus?  Is there a balance?

Can I passionately, patriotically remain at His feet?  Yes.  I can.  And at times I have.  But, I let busy-ness, commitments, obligations steal me away.

"Seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness and all these things will be added to you." (Matt. 6:33)  So, it's still about walnuts and rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment