"The philosophy of the schoolroom in one generation will be the philosophy of government in the next." ~Abraham Lincoln
CA SB 48 was signed into law on Friday. Look again at the above quote.
This is destructive legislation.
If you live in California and your child is enrolled in the public school, the LGBT contributions to history/society simply based on these people's sexual choice is REQUIRED to be taught in school...and nothing negative can be said about such people (even if they are not the upstanding citizens schools will claim them to be) or their unhealthy lifestyle. Likewise, if you are a teacher in California, you are MANDATED to teach this offensive material. This is not unlike forcing a pro-life doctor to perform abortions. In an effort to be "tolerant" and create "safe schools", legislators and the governor of California have marginalized (and not "tolerated") the majority of Californians who have twice voted to define marriage as between one man and one woman. They have ignored the plea of the people they claim to represent...instead pushing forth their own will and opinion...and at no small cost. Children will pay dearly, families will pay dearly, and ultimately our country will be held accountable for its God-less and abominable agenda. Truly men love darkness more than the light. Why? Because they don't want their own evil deeds exposed for the wickedness they truly are. Let's face it, that's what this is really about.
A few facts about SB48:
- requires that homosexuality, bisexuality, and transsexuality be talked about only positively; and the unhealthiness of these lifestyles or anything that "reflects adversely" would be prohibited.
- the terms "lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender" will be added to all textbooks and instructional material.
- replaces the term "sex" with "gender" in the education code including "a person's gender identity and gender related appearance and behavior whether or not stereotypically associated with the person's assigned sex at birth" including a third sex that can only be defined as "other."
- for every heterosexual person covered in the curriculum there must be an equal number of LGBT people covered as well including homosexual parents. Stating "both sexes should be portrayed in nurturing roles in their families" and as "desirable." (Have I ever told you about the gay men in my cruise ship cast that were stalking an 11-year-old young boy passenger? ...yeah, that's "desirable.")
- This new curriculum applies to all school aged children K-12.
- It is mentioned that charter and "alternative schools" "take notice." (Yeah, we noticed. Thanks.)
"It's unfortunate and sad that - at a time when many students are struggling just to graduate and read at grade level - California has allowed history classes to be politicized by adult identity politics like this. We should be teaching our children that people are deserving of celebration in history books because of their outstanding, worthy accomplishments, regardless of how they identify sexually or otherwise. After all Benjamin Franklin is in history because he demonstrated that lightning was electricity---not because of his sexual choices." ~Candi Cushman
This website is addressing this issue specifically: http://RescueYourChild.com/
Read this excellent article here: Social/Sexual Indoctrination?
I've already been contacted by a mom who has withdrawn her children from the public school system. She wanted home schooling advice. I pray there are thousands more who make a similar move.
"As California goes, so goes the nation."