Monday, August 2, 2010

going higher, no matter the cost

My heart is torn apart right now as I face an intense struggle.  What is the right thing to do?  1 Peter sets everything into perspective.
I leave in 2 days for a possibly life-changing weekend.  An Intensive training for writers and speakers is being held in Colorado and I know the Lord has opened the way for me to go.  What I didn't see coming is the blatant attack of the enemy meant to shake me to my core in his predictably subversive and underhanded way.  I am upset beyond reason, but he will not win.

1 Peter...
2:19~  For this is thankworthy, if a man for conscience toward God endure grief, suffering wrongfully.
2:20~ if when ye do well, and suffer for it, ye take it patiently, this is acceptable with God.
3:1-6~ with a meek and quiet spirit...obeying...do well and do not be afraid.
3:9~ not rendering evil for evil, but a blessing
3:11~ do good
3:13~ who is he that will harm you, if ye be followers of that which is good? 
 3:16~ Having a good conscience; that, whereas they speak evil of you, as of evildoers, they may be ashamed that falsely accuse your good conversation in Christ.
3:17-18~ For it is better, if the will of God be so, that ye suffer for well doing, than for evil doing. ...the just for the unjust.
4:2~ he no longer should live the rest of his time in the flesh to the lusts of men, but to the will of God. 
 4:8~ charity shall cover the multitude of sins.
4:9~ Use hospitality one to another without grudging.
4:12~ Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you.
4:16~ if any man suffer as a Christian, let him not be ashamed; but let him glorify God on this behalf.
5:5~ be subject to one another, and be clothed with humility: for God resisteth the proud, and giveth grace to the humble.
5:7~ Casting all your care upon Him; for He careth for you. 
5:10-11~ But the God of all grace, who hath called us into His eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you.  To Him be glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen.
 All prayer is to change the human will into submission to the divine will "as Thou wilt"...Pray until prayer makes you forget your own wish, and leave it or merge it in God's will.  ~Frederick W. Robertson
This is so hard.  Pray with me and be in peace.  
"Be careful for nothing; but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.  And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus." ~ Philippians 4:6-7
Father, teach me to pray.  Change me in prayer to be like You.  Give me love, peace, contentment.  Guide me, protect me, do Your will.  I love You!  Bring the rain! ...if it makes me more like You. 

He calls us to a higher plane.  Will you go?  Will you accept the challenge?  I'm going!

Do not pray for easy lives!  Pray to be stronger men.  Do not pray for tasks equal to your powers.  Pray for powers equal to your tasks.  Then the doing of your work shall be no miracle, but you shall be a miracle.
~Phillips Brooks

1 comment:

  1. This has been a crazy week here too! I'm so glad you commented on my blog last week, (we were away, so sorry to respond so late!!). God used my 6 year old daughter to snap me out of my crazy today - take that Satan!! Can't wait to meet you, Kori. Safe travels. -Heather

    ReplyDelete