Parental Rights Amendment to the U.S. Constitution would ensure parents the right to bring up and educate their own children as they see fit without the U.S. government or international law being able to infringe upon that right. (via www.parentalrights.org)
Congressmen are needed to co-sponsor the Amendment to the Constitution. So far, 141 are on board.
· Spread the word. Tell everyone you know to sign the Parental Rights petition.
· Contact your and any Representative (after all this affects each of us) and urge them to co-sponsor the Parental Rights Amendment (H.J. Res. 42). If he/she has already agreed to co-sponsor, thank them. The list of co-sponsors can be found here.
o In Borrego, contact Congressman Duncan Hunter at (202) 225-5672. (Congressman Hunter has already agreed to co-sponsor.)
U.N. Convention on the Rights of the Child gives the U.N. the authority to intervene if they deem you are not raising your children according to their standards. (via www.citizenlink.com, www.parentalrights.org)
This will endanger parents’ rights over the upbringing of their own children and will allow 3rd parties and international law to determine how children are raised. This effects education, religion, sexual education, discipline, etc.
4 more Senators are needed to co-sponsor SR519 which will kill the CRC (Convention on the Rights of the Child) in the U.N.
· Call your 2 Senators and urge them to vote against the UNCRC, and to co-sponsor SR519.
o In California, call:
§ Barbara Boxer – (202) 224-3553, fax: (202) 228-3865
§ Dianne Feinstein - (202) 224-3841, fax: (202) 228-3954
Proposition 8 is a majority-voted amendment to the California Constitution that defines marriage as between one man and one woman.
Prop 8 was overturned last week by a left activist, gay judge. It is now on it’s way to the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals and then to the Supreme Court. (via www.citizenlink.com, Focus on the Family Aug. 13 episode, Professor Robert George, www.boston.com - Judge Vaughn Walker op-ed)
The concern is:
1. the homosexual agenda (to stop, silence, and punish anyone who disagrees with them) ultimately having its way in society. The dangers include: education, special rights vs. equal rights for homosexuals, loss of rights for those who disagree (i.e. a photographer declined to shoot a same-sex wedding because of her faith and she was taken to court and punished.), the deterioration of God-ordained marriage, the intentional denial of allowing children both a mom and a dad, and the incredulous deception that men and women are not different.
2. the blatant defiance of activist judges invalidating the will of the majority of the American people.
· Pray for judges, homosexuals/activists, our children.
· Show love to homosexuals. They are dealing with sin…like all of us.
· Keep your own marriage healthy and strong, and within God’s design.
*To find your congressmen, go to www.govtrack.us. Once you find your congressman, click on their website and there should be a contact tab on the home page.