Act as though it's all up to you; Pray as though it's all up to Him.
Pray diligently about the following:
Parental Rights “don’t exist beyond the threshold of the school door.” (via www.parentalrights.org)
In 2005, the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals found in Fields v. Palmdale School District that the right of parents to direct the upbringing of their children “does not exist beyond the threshold of the school door.”
While the Parental Rights Amendment won’t give parents any greater power over the curriculum of public schools, it will protect their right to pull their child out of any program that is offensive, immoral, or disagreeable.
- Spread the word. Tell everyone you know to sign the Parental Rights petition.
- Contact your and any Representative (after all this affects each of us) and urge them to co-sponsor the Parental Rights Amendment (H.J. Res. 42). If he/she has already agreed to co-sponsor, thank them. The list of co-sponsors can be found here.
- In Borrego, contact Congressman Duncan Hunter at (202) 225-5672. (Congressman Hunter has already agreed to co-sponsor.)
- Call your 2 Senators and urge them to vote against the UNCRC, and to co-sponsor SR519.
Obama wastefully spends $6 million of our tax money to restore mosques all over the world…among other things. (via American Family Association)
If you'd like to see the list, here it is: bunch of useless stuff to Americans (I made that title up myself)
- Tell your congressman to condemn more wasteful spending.
- In Borrego, contact Congressman Duncan Hunter at (202) 225-5672.
Upcoming Election is only 2 months away.
Absentee ballots will be available on October 4th and early voting is October 18th.
- Make sure you register to vote. Pick up a form at the post office or the Library. Or register online: google "registrar of voters" and your county, then register on line. You must vote. The future of this nation is in your hands.
- Research candidates or take advantage of a resource that has done the research. (Hint, hint: There’s an easy link right here. I will update it soon.)
*To find your congressmen, go to www.govtrack.us . Once you find your congressman, click on their website and there should be a contact tab on the home page.