Sunday, September 19, 2010

CWA Training







a bumper sticker: 
"Please don't tell Obama what comes after a trillion."

Yesterday, I attended a Concerned Women for America (CWA) training.  
Secularism can't control without first destroying Judeo-Christian worldview or removing every perception of it in the public square. 
Liberals demand the government take care of the problems resulting from irresponsible behavior.  ~Dr. Janice Shaw Crouse
The latter of the above quotes smacked me across the face when I heard it.  Government-funded abortion because people are sexually promiscuous.  And let's not even talk about all the ways the government takes care of illegals, sluggards, criminals, etc.  Bailouts.  Really.  We REWARD irresponsibility.  No wonder we are going to hell in a hand-basket.

another bumper sticker:  
"Politicians & diapers - 2 things that need constant changing"

Preach the Word!  Be ready in season and out of season.  Convince, rebuke, exhort, with all longsuffering and teaching.  For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own desires, because they have itching ears, they will heap up for themselves teachers; and they will turn their ears away from the truth, and be turned aside to fables.  But you be watchful in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, fulfill your ministry. ~2 Timothy 4:2-5
We must call our nation and its leaders to accountability.  People live according to the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life (1 Jn. 2:16).  It is sick and it is wrong.  They want to be validated in their immorality and sin.  They want the churches and the government to approve of them so they don't have to feel bad about their godless behavior.  The government is certainly accommodating...and many churches are as well.  Churches that claim to be Christian...but are not in truth.  Call me judgmental.  Call me a bigot.  Whatever.  Whoever will lead one of these little ones astray, it would be better for him if a millstone were hung around his neck and he was hurled into the depths of the sea (Mt. 18:6).  Jesus said that.  If people aren't speaking the truth from the pulpit, then they are leading people astray.  False teachers.  And the Bible isn't tolerant of it (2 Peter 2).

Getting a pic with CEO, Penny Nance (in silver blouse).
The beautiful lady on my left is Ruth Smith, my director.
2 Timothy also says we must endure afflictions.  Well, we are certainly going through afflictions now in this country.  And it seems we are to expect them.  Affliction is what strengthens us and causes us to lean harder on Jesus.  Can't be all bad.  As Penny Nance said, "We aren't called to win, but we are called to fight."  And as my beloved Sally Clarkson said, "When you take a stand, you become a target."  So, let's not be discouraged.  If you are comfortably serving in your ministry, the you are probably not doing all you need to do.  EXPECT AFFLICTION.  I will not offer to my God that which costs me nothing (2 Sam. 24:24).  (Mario Diaz was powerful with this message yesterday.)  
The Christian on his knees sees more than the philosopher on tiptoe. ~D.L. Moody
Peace and prosperity do not come from elections.  
Peace and prosperity come from God.  He is in control. 
~Mike Mears (CWA)


P.S. I won an Uncle Sam Big Brother Obama "I Want Your Money" bobble head!  I never win anything.  I'm soooo excited.  It's in my patriotic guest room and is my pride and joy.  LOL!
P.P.S. I was able to crash with my prayer partner, Kari.  She made me the most beautiful breakfast.  I had to take a picture of it.  Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment