Tuesday, September 14, 2010

SLOOOOW DOOOWWNN

Oh, I've missed you.

I sit here for a moment next to the door to our back yard where the squeals of two little boys delight my heart.  Daddy can make them laugh like no one else.

"Marco."
"Polo."
"Fish out of water?"
"No!"
...SPLASH!!
I LOVE THESE BOYS.  

Huntington Beach.  They were "retreating" from the British (waves)...
yeah, I guess we spend a lot of time on Revolutionary War history.
We saw 3 dolphins, too.  Thank You, God!

Life can get to such a breakneck pace sometimes that we hardly have time to think, let alone write a thought.  I love this outlet and have found such peace in writing my thoughts here and am so thankful for those of you who check in periodically to inquire what my latest rogue post is.  :)

Si's photo shoot with Petunia during a recent outing. 

a couple of those friends I hugged.  Glen & Geryl.
Met them when I danced in the Lion King Parade.
September 2010 is only 14 days old and I have co-hosted a Mom's Tea, made 3 trips to Orange County, choreographed, taught 5 dance classes (that's just in the last 5 days), seen many treasured friends and hugged them all, and there is still half the month to go.  Of course in the midst of all this, I attend to my husband (I hope he feels the same way. heehee!), snuggle with my children, school them, feed them, try to read a book or two, attempt to stay on top of emails and facebook messages.... Whew!
I am a personality that likes a lot of action.  But, I think I am more a personality that likes to breathe, take in my surroundings, and not miss out on precious opportunities that may never pass my way again.
"Bloom where you're planted."  
"Wherever you are, be all there."  
Yes.
Or as my Grandma used to always say to me when I talked too fast for her, "Kori, honey, sloooooow dooooowwwwn."  It sure would be nice to have her here to tell me that now.

A major thing I have done recently is expose my deep, dark secret for all the world to see.  And the response has been incredible.  Thank you so much.  How I treasure you all.  God has given me new friends who have connected to my very heart and dear friends who have become dearer.  Thank you for reading my very long story and letting it become a part of you.  I can't express what that means to me.  Nothing is in vain when it is done in the Lord.
With our dear Geryl, undoubtedly one of the most beautiful people I know.
Love you so,

No comments:

Post a Comment