Thursday, September 30, 2010

Set down your stars.

More insight from the Intensive.

Zan Tyler, in all her cute-ness, said something that weekend that I think of constantly...probably because I fail in this area numerous times a day.

We are moms and we are busy.  We have a calling to make our children a priority.  Some of us are also called to other things.  For me, blogging, parade, CWA, Mom Heart, etc.  But we must put first thing's first.
He had in His right hand seven stars, our of His mouth went a sharp two-edged sword, and His countenance was like the sun shining in its strength.  And when I saw Him, I fell at His feet as dead.  But He laid His right hand on me, saying to me, "Do not be afraid;  I am the First and the Last." ~Revelation 1:16-17 (emphasis mine)
Did you see that?  He had stars in His right hand and then He put His right hand on His child.  It doesn't say that He set down the stars, but He must have...unless Jesus has TWO right hands.

Jesus sees when one of His children is in need and He meets that need first, then goes back to work.  We need to meet the needs of our children as they inconveniently occur. Set down our stars, focus on that child, and then pick the stars back up and finish the work.

I just thought this was a beautiful picture and applicable since I can often get "too busy" for my children.  Actually this is a genuine and difficult struggle for me.  Let it not be so.  I must set down my stars to do the greater work of loving my children and my husband.


p.s. Jennifer's post on the subject: Whose Are You?

1 comment:

  1. I loved hearing Zan explain this and apparently, you did too. It's spawned a new phrase in my vocabulary: "I need to set down my stars." I think that, and know exactly what I need to do in the moment. After the crazy few days I've had, I really needed to hear this -- thx for the reminder friend!

    ReplyDelete